CHILDREN 5 YEARS OF AGE AND UNDER:
- MUST be supervised, in the water and within arms' reach, regardless of swimming ability.
- Maximum of 2 children per guardian 14 years of age.
CHILDREN AGED 6 TO 9 YEARS OF AGE:
- Need to be able to demonstrate comfort in the water and pass the facility swim test to be admitted to the swimming pool unaccompanied
CHILDREN AGED 6 TO 9 WHO HAVE NOT PASSED THE FACILITY TEST:
- MUST be directly supervised in the water and within arms' reach by the guardian who is a minimum of 14 years of age..
- Maximum of 4 children per guardian of age 14.
SWIM TEST CRITERIA:
- All participants of any age may be asked to take a swim test to determine if they will be able to enter the deep end of the pool, and/or if a guardian is required in the water for supervision.
- The swim test will include a front swim of 2 widths and treading water for 1 minute.
- During the front swim the lifeguard must see an attempt at over arm recovery with a near horizontal body position and uninterrupted without touching the bottom.
- While treading water the lifeguard must see the participant maintain a vertical body position, with their head above water, while staying in one place.
- Children wearing personal flotation devices (water wings, lifejackets, etc.) will be permitted in the deep end of the pool upon the discretion of the lifeguard on duty at the time.
Did your child turn 6 and now going to the swim kids program?
The following is where they would be placed.
|Swim Preschool (Ages 3-5)||Swim Kids (Ages 6+)|
|Sea Otter completed or incompleted||Kids 1|
|Salamander completed or incompleted||Kids 1|
|Sunfish incompleted||Kids 1|
|Sunfish completed||Kids 2|
|Crocodile incomplete||Kids 2|
|Crocodile complete||Kids 3|
|Whale incompleted||Kids 3|
|Whale completed||Kids 4|