Rainy Lake Square
The Rainy Lake Market is ready to kick off another exciting season!
The Rainy Lake Market is a great place to hold our local community events and civic celebrations. And the Town of Fort Frances welcomes anyone interested in becoming a vendor at the market.
We care about the health and safety of our customers and vendors and strive to keep everyone safe, so those interested in becoming a vendor at the market must have the following vendor requirements:
• Commercial General Liability Insurance - a certificate of insurance must be included as part of your application to be a vendor.
The certificate must name the Town of Fort Frances as additional insured and needs to cover $2,000,000 in damages.
• Town of Fort Frances Business License – this authorizes you to sell your goods at the market. Please CLICK HERE to complete the form.
• Rainy Lake Market Vendor Contract – If you're interested in becoming a market vendor at the Rainy Lake Market, please CLICK HERE for the vendor contract.
Vendors will be selected by our coordinator, as we have limited space and want to keep a diverse selection of vendors.
If you are preparing food on site or selling prepared food, you will also need:
• Farmers’ Market Food Vendor Form – This is a requirement of Northwestern Health Unit. Please CLICK HERE for the information and form.
To learn more about safe food handling practices and prepared food vendor compliance, vendors and market patrons are encouraged to visit Northwestern Health Unit.
If you are a vendor that is under the age of 18, you will need the following:
• Supervision by a parent/guardian for the duration of the event. The supervising parent/guardian must have homeowner’s insurance.
• The parent/guardian must sign an acknowledgement form confirming they have homeowners insurance in place and will be supervising their child for the duration of the event.
Rainy Lake Market Map - Please CLICK HERE to view Rainy Lake Market set up.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION Rainy Lake Square Vendor - Please CLICK HERE to read the important changes that have been made to the Rainy Lake Market.
We want to provide the community a marketplace that encourages patrons to support a ‘Buy Local’ philosophy and we are looking forward to another exciting season!
All paper copies of information and forms are available at the Civic Centre and the Museum or can be requested via email.
Please direct any and all questions to:
Danielle Marshall, Museum Curator
Mia Sexton, Deputy Clerk
807 274-5323 ext 1212