Since the Official Plan and Zoning By-law guide and regulate where and how future growth and development in the Town will occur, it is important to have a wide variety of input into the review of these documents to help establish a common vision. Residents, business owners, and organizations have valuable information to share in this process.
- Do you think there is a need for more diverse housing options?
- Would you like to see more greenspaces and trails in your community?
- Are you concerned about protecting natural areas?
- Are you concerned about where and how new growth and development occurs?
- Do you have ideas for how to mitigate land use conflicts? What areas are valued community resources, and what could be improved?
These are just a few examples of the many ways in which your community’s Official Plan and Zoning By-law affects you. Please take every opportunity to be involved in the process.